Canadian POE at the Gordie Howe Border Crossing Drone Footage December 2023
We are excited to share this most recent overhead footage the construction site of the Canadian Port of Entry (POE) facilities at the Gordie Howe International Border Crossing in Windsor, Ontario! From this vantage point, taken in December of 2023, you can get a clear view of the major developments happening, such as:
- The Main Building, the largest building of the 11 structures that make up the POE, is now fully enclosed on all sides including its north and south connecting bridges. Meanwhile, its interior spaces are moving along well;
- Progress in the Maintenance Building is notable both on the exterior and interior, with a striking art wall gracing the main façade;
- The canopy roof installation for the Primary Inspection Lane Pavilion is nearing completion, showcasing expansive east and west pristine metal-clad wings that evoke a profound sense of drama and grandeur;
- The steel canopy of the Secondary and Tertiary Inspections Buildings has been fully assembled and now stands as the striking architectural feature it was designed to be, taking on its envisioned unique shape; and
- The Toll Services Operations Centre boasts a notable traffic inspection canopy for both incoming and outgoing traffic. Its adjoining Operations Building is now fully enclosed on the exterior, and the interior spaces are progressing well, reflecting significant advancement.
Moriyama Teshima Architects is the Architect of Record for the Canadian Port of Entry facilities. Once constructed, this will be the largest Canadian port along the Canada-US border, and one of the largest anywhere in North America! As always, thank you to Windsor Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA-APWD) for providing us with this stunning video footage.